As an organization driven and governed by its members, National New Play Network (NNPN) is a community of professional, nonprofit theaters that produces and develops new work. The Network offers two levels of engagement for these companies, designated as Associate Members and Core Members.
Associate Membership provides a wide range of professional, nonprofit producing theaters that develop and/or produce new works with access to the Network and its programs. Associate Members must meet certain budgetary and producing criteria but are not required to go through a full vetting process or bear the governing responsibilities of Core Membership.
Associate Member benefits include:
- The opportunity to partner with other Member Theaters on an NNPN Rolling World Premiere
- Submission opportunities for other select programs
- Invitations to the National Showcase of New Plays and Annual Conference
- Participation in all Member Chats and Pitch Sessions
- A free Organization subscription on the New Play Exchange®
Associate Members have a representative on the Board of Directors and are invited to serve on certain Committees. Annual dues for Associate Members in the 2017-18 year are $625.
For more on the process of applying for Associate Membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Core Membership is best suited to theaters with a desire to participate in the governance of the organization and to help shape NNPN for its membership and the new play field. Applications are made available to an inquiring company following approval by existing Core Members in the potential applicant’s market. Core Members have access to the full range of NNPN programs and funding opportunities and make a greater financial commitment to the organization. In 2017-18, Core Member annual dues are $2,500.
Core Member benefits include:
- All benefits listed above as well as enhanced Rolling World Premiere options and funds
- The opportunity to seek funds for playwright commissions, Producers-in-Residence, and collaborative development projects
- Travel funds to attend the National Showcase of New Plays and Annual Conference, visit other Member Theaters, or attend a new play festival
- Deep connections to other individuals and institutions invested in the new play universe and the work they champion
Core Member applicants must demonstrate a clear commitment to the Network’s mission through a history of serving their community as new play advocates and a current roster of programming that reflects their leadership in the development, production, and continued life of new plays.
Applicants must also meet criteria regarding production history, annual budget, staff and artist compensation, and artistic quality in productions. Applicant theaters are evaluated via their staff, board, and artists on their commitment to diversity in its many forms, as well as their desire to be engaged in NNPN’s traditions of community, connection, and leadership. NNPN’s Membership Committee, with the support of staff, vet prospective Core Members over the course of a season. Applications are reviewed and voted on by the NNPN Board of Directors at its Annual Conference, held each year in late spring.
For more on the process of applying for Core Membership, please contact email@example.com.